Quinoa salad recipe:
Quinoa grain cooks quicker than most grains. It is an excellent source of protein. It contains 11 grams of protein per cup of cooked Quinoa. Quinoa salad is taste full and healthy! It can easily and quickly make. You can serve a large group of people. It cooks quicker than the most seeds and is a good source of protein with about 11 (eleven) grams of proteins per cup. Feel free experiment by adding vegetables such as corn and zucchini. It is technically a seed in the category of herb. It enjoys the new popularity here in USA. It is because of the steaming of the Quinoa. The traditional cooking method of Quinoa is boiling in water. It provides a complete protein and can stand alone as a light supper entree.
- 11/2 cups quinoa (small disk-shaped seeds)
- 11/2 tablespoons red-wine vinegar
- 11/2 cups cooked black beans, rinsed if canned
- 11/2 cups cooked corn (cut from about 2 large ears)
- 3/4 cup finely chopped the green bell pepper
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh coriander
- 2 pickled jalapeño chilies seeded and minced (wear rubber gloves)
Dressing for the salad:
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 5 tablespoons fresh lime juice, or to taste
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 11/4 teaspoons ground cumin, or to taste
There are many type salads of quinoa salad. Quinoa salad with lentils is an awesome at Costco. You can get for $10. It is very delicious in taste. The recipe of this salad is given below:
- 1 cup red quinoa
- 2 cups water
- 1 table spoon vegetable oil
- 1 table spoon salt
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 4 small or 1 large cucumber, cubed
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 large bunch parsley, chopped
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 table spoon olive oil
Bring water to boil in a bowl. Add the salt, oil and Quinoa. Cook this at low heat uncovered for twenty five minutes. Once the Quinoa is ready, drain well and set aside. Combine all items or ingredients and cooked Quinoa in a large bowl. Mix all the ingredients well and refrigerate. Recipe from bites: quinoa salad.
I have been a big fan after making this recipe with Quinoa. This is good for health and reduces the disease. It also reduces the weight.
1 (c). Quinoa.
2 c. veggie broth
1 can corn, drained
1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
1 bell pepper (red, yellow or orange), diced 1 large tomato, diced
1/2 bunch cilantro, minced
2 t. cumin
Salt and pepper to taste
Lots of lime juice.